Problems with zips in 4.28.6-1

Chris Connell chris at ISSOLUTIONS.CO.UK
Thu Mar 11 17:45:37 GMT 2004

If I remember correctlty I have the options set the same as you -
Maximum Archive Depth = 0 and the Allow Password-Protected Archives
It worked after I applied the patch thet Julian provided, but Im using
Mcafee for virus scanning.

-----Original Message-----
From: Plant, Dean [mailto:dean.plant at ROKE.CO.UK]
Sent: 11 March 2004 17:26
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Problems with zips in 4.28.6-1

Plant, Dean wrote:

> The patch has fixed the problem with filename checks within zip
> files but I am still unable to let encrypted zip files pass. This
> seems to be a problem with the interaction of f-prot / MailScanner
> as removing f-prot from my Virus Scanners lets encrypted zips pass

Sorry to ask this again but no one has replied to my earlier
posting regarding a problem with 4.28.6-1 and encrypted zips.

Could someone who is using MailScanner 4.28.6.-1 + f-prot 4.4 and
allows encrypted zips to pass please confirm that they pass correctly
as I find all encrypted zips are stopped even if Allow
Password-Protected Archives is set to yes.

Thanks in advance

Dean.

Visit our website at www.roke.co.uk

Registered Office: Roke Manor Research Ltd, Siemens House, Oldbury,
Bracknell,
Berkshire. RG12 8FZ

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential
Roke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without
permission. This communication is for information only and shall not create
or
change any contractual relationship.

This communication is from IS Solutions Plc, Windmill House, 91-93 Windmill
Road, Sunbury on Thames, Middlesex, England. This email (including any
attachments) is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. It may
contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not read, distribute, copy or otherwise use this
communication or the information in it. Any views or opinions expressed in
this email may be solely those of the author and are not necessarily those
of IS Solutions Plc. Any pricing quoted in this email is offered to the
recipient on a best estimate time and materials basis only. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify us by email
(helpdesk at issolutions.co.uk) or by telephone (+44 (0)1932 893444) and then
delete the email and any copies of it.