whitelist not working

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Thu Mar 11 12:14:41 GMT 2004

>>>mike at pelleys.com
> Here's a sample entry from /var/log/maillog:
>
> "Mar 10 20:08:51 sparta postfix/cleanup[3766]: CDA7F5823E: reject: body
> 3Ank42j6GvSnGMoSto3Lq7pPa3V9TwpUnyXglGT19e+r+/1PQbFDLNBbK5eGa8hiOXAADTRkqo6n;
> from=<the-wife at pelleys.com> to=<abcdefghi at some-isp.ca>: SecuritySage
> SPAM-ID: b20030701-78001 Your email had spam-like body contents. To report
> this message as non-spam, please follow the instructions available at
> http://www.securitysage.com/spam.html

This is a postfix issue. Postfix is rejecting the message based on it's
body checks before MailScanner even sees the message. I would suggest
seeing what is in your ./body_checks file (Or what ever you have called it
in main.cf).

Personally, I wouldn't run anti-spam body checks in Postfix, let
SpamAssassin do it for you. Sure, reject at SMTP using suitable RBL's if
you wish (Although my personal thoughts are that you are better off
picking a couple of less aggressive lists and let SpamAssassin tag
anything more 'marginal') and other header checks (Like I had rejections
based on subject line last week before MS had the encrypted zip file
protection) as these don't tend to lead to the problems you are seeing.

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy