Corrupt queue files with Postfix - BUG

Nick Slager nicks at ONTHENET.COM.AU
Wed Mar 10 23:59:37 GMT 2004

Thus spake Nick Slager (nicks at ONTHENET.COM.AU):

> Has anyone else come across this? I would have thought that the bug would
> have been tripped any number of times before, given the number of
> Postfix/MailScanner installations. I will post further details
> when I've got some hard evidence :-)

Further to this, it appears MailScanner has created the new Postfix
header, inserted it into the queue file, but not removed the existing
queue header. Therefore, the new file contains (in order):

o New queue header generated by MailScanner
o Old queue header, as generated originally by Postfix
o The actual message.

Postfix is therefore barfing, and complaining about corrupt queue files.

I have copies of queue files, both before and after the message has been
through MailScanner, which I'm happy to provide off list.

Is there any chance of getting this bug fixed?

cheers,

Nick