Order of spam delivery check changed?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Mar 10 11:48:38 GMT 2004

At 11:41 10/03/2004, you wrote:
>Hmmm but isn't that annoying for those adresses you want to manually
>blacklist (to or from)?
>
>This way you have to add two rules for those addresses, one if the spam
>score is low, and a second if the mail's score is high!

You could make the 2 rules files point to the same addresses file.

Set
Spam Actions = %rules-dir%/spam.actions.rules
High Scoring Spam Actions = %rules-dir%/high.spam.actions.rules

Then in both of those 2 files add a line:
To:   /etc/MailScanner/rules/blacklist        delete

Then in /etc/MailScanner/rules/blacklist, put all the addresses you want to
blacklist, one per line. You can even nest the files to break them up if
necessary, by putting in another filename rather than an address.

So the "/etc/MailScanner/rules/blacklist" file could end up looking like
user at spam1.com
user2 at spam2.com
*@spam3.com
/etc/MailScanner/rules/blacklist.joe
sales@*

Neat huh? :-)

You can't make rules files that refer to other rules files, but you can
make rules files refer to extra "address pattern list" files to get a list
of addresses for which you want the same result. These "address pattern
list" files can include other "address pattern list" files.

--
Julian Field