Exes within Zips

Paul Welsh zen23003 at ZEN.CO.UK
Wed Mar 10 10:53:44 GMT 2004

Hi all

Sorry if this has been covered.  I did search the mailing list archive
before posting - honest!

I'm using version 4.28.5 and while I think that stopping encrypted .zip
files is a good idea with the spate of Netsky permutation viruses, it is
causing slight problems in that now if someone sends a zipped .exe file,
MailScanner stops it by default.  Zipping used to be a way of circumventing
MailScanner's filename rules but clearly no longer.

What's my best way around this?  For now I've simply asked the recipient to
ask the sender to rename the .zip file .tar or .lzh or .arj.