Stopping Messages for one single website or one user

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Wed Mar 10 03:15:54 GMT 2004

>> Makes me wonder...
>>
>> Could we build a small list of a couple of items that are
>the most asked
>> on the list and put them in evidence on the web site (as
>well as in the
>> faq system if they're not).
>>
>> I'd say:
>>
>> -How to upgrade
>> -Where to configure spamassassin
>> -What are the plugins and what do they do (DCC, Pyzor,
>Mailwatch and so
>> on)
>> -Where to download and get the sigs
>> -How are updated the AV?
>> -What are the optimization tips:
>>         -tempfs
>>         -local dns
>>         -no sync on logs
>>         -special SA rules
>> -A list of the setup of people on this list hardware vs
>messages/day, to
>> help people choose hardware
>> -How to debug and how to interpret the output
>

>Excellent idea - if anyone would read them on the website.
>Maybe if they
>were in REAL BIG <RED> TYPE ;)

That is why I prefer the mailing list approach.  One e-mail like that at subscription and a weekly e-mail on the list, re-stating all those trivial answers and mentionning "news of the week".

For example, the news of the week could mention the new release, or some discussion we had (like the no-bounce) or any new topics discussed (like the rulesDuJour), new licence policies for some AV...

I could write the summary, I guess, with help from others for the topics that don't arent'e relevant for me (like sophos).  I think we could write the "subscription" or "web site" part by some discussion on this list.  I don't know if the "subscription" e-mail is possible, though.

It would be a lot easier on us and Julian to say to someone: have you read the e-mail you received at subscription (or whatever else)...?  Instead of taking time to answer him/her, when a basic question is asked.

We'll see what Julian thinks of it tomorrow.  It is still today, here, in Canada :).

Ugo Bellavance