New Server - Back to RH8

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Wed Mar 10 01:10:31 GMT 2004

I'd be surprised to know what is not compatible... no raid controller since you have only one disk.

Personnally, I don't install X on my servers, so it takes me about 15 minutes to install the OS on this kind of machine.  I think you could try rh9 and maybe fedora (RH9's end-of-support is April 30th).

>only Red Hat 8. Is there any big issues i should worry about going back
>to RH8? I believe RH8 and RH9 are only largely GUI changes,
>which i wont
>be using?
>
>Should i forget this machine and go for something else?

Hard to tell.  I think most of Dell's servers are RH compatible.  Just configure one on their website and see if you can select RH as an OS.