New Server - Back to RH8

Pete pete at eatathome.com.au
Wed Mar 10 01:03:10 GMT 2004

I have permission to spend a tiny amount on a server, i thought i would
go for the Single P4 2.8/1.5GB ram and 1 x 36gb SCSI

BUT, this machine (Compaq ML310) isnt Red Hat 9 compatible apparently,
only Red Hat 8. Is there any big issues i should worry about going back
to RH8? I believe RH8 and RH9 are only largely GUI changes, which i wont
be using?

Should i forget this machine and go for something else? I have to order
it today, i nagged so much for a new machine thinking they never would,