clamav-autoupdate

Tony Finch dot at DOTAT.AT
Mon Mar 8 17:13:37 GMT 2004

I've been investigating clamav-autoupdate to find out if its fragile locking
is actually necessary, or if it can use a rename(2) atomic update instead,
similar to my McAfee update script.

I note that freshclam has the right behaviour built-in already so in
principle the clamav-autoupdate script can be massively simplified.

PS. Julian, thanks for the mug. It is keeping me very happily fuelled
with coffee :-)

Tony.
BERWICK ON TWEED TO WHITBY: SOUTHEAST TO SOUTHWEST 3 OR 4, OCCASIONALLY EASING
2. MAINLY FAIR, BUT PATCHY LOW CLOUD AND RAIN AT FIRST. MODERATE OR GOOD.
SLIGHT TO MODERATE.