Download rate

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Sun Mar 7 22:37:52 GMT 2004

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 08:57 am, Pete wrote:
> > Guilty as charged! I was one of those downloaders. :o)
> > Installing it went smoothly. Great job again Julian!
> >
> > Although you are entitled to get some welldeserved rest, I sure hope
> > you will keep up the good work!
>
> Have to agree with the above, entirely.
>
> Be nice if those who are running could post with a description on how
> its running for them? I havent upgraded yet but plan to on Tuesday.
> Specifically interested in how other feel about the speed of this
> release Vs 4.27
>
> thanks
> Pete

We've seen a noticeable speed improvement (even with the protected zip
additions etc) on our main gateway machine.  Been running rock solid since
Saturday; so about 48 hours of testing now.

As always "It Just Worked" (tm).  The only preparation I did prior to
installing was install the two new Perl modules.  Then just untar, copy
here, diff there, check configs, then restart mailscanner.  No trouble :)

Well done Julian - this is a GREAT update to an already outstanding piece of
software.  Congrats and thanks.

Cheers,

James