Server Spec for MailScanner

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Sun Mar 7 11:22:46 GMT 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-06 at 23:47, Richard Lynch wrote:

> This brings up something I've been wondering about.  I'm currently
> running three scanners.  It was my impression that the overhead was
> mostly in the decoding phase so adding additional scanners didn't really
> cost that much.  Is that correct or am I mistaken?

I think that depends on the scanner to some extent.  I just added
Symantec Carrierscan (we have a site license so I thought why not!) and
couldn't notice any change to the load / CPU.  Presumably theres an I/O
implication. but that doesn't seem to be causing me any problems.

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.