Server Spec for MailScanner

Pete pete at eatathome.com.au
Sun Mar 7 00:37:15 GMT 2004

Another question;

Considering our small mail volume, how to do put a price on the savings
for the company? Not in the cost of users processing spam themsevles,
but in the sense that if we were to buy the next best thing, that was a
commercial product with 'support', whats sort of cost savings are we
talking about? Is a well configured and smoothly running open source
MS/SA machine comparable to 10k or 100K commercial products?  I just
need to add it to my advice on the product we are supplying to
management - i can find costs of products on the net, but i am not sure
which product to compare MS to?

Having asked that, i have yet to use a commercial product that is
supported by the actual Author, on the same scale as open Source MS ...