Upgrading Mailscanner

Michael St. Laurent mikes at HARTWELLCORP.COM
Thu Mar 4 23:00:53 GMT 2004

Boulytchev, Vasiliy <mailto:vboulytchev at COINFOTECH.COM> wrote:
> Ladies and Gents,
>       I see that MailScanner is installed , via rpm -qa | grep
> mailscanner. The RPM that is in the system is mailscanner-4.24-5.
> Certainly I am weary of just running your install.sh scripts.  All I
> want to do is upgrade to the new version...  What is the default step
> of doing so..... I see the noarch rpm included, nowever I would like
> to hear from you.

Why are you "weary" of it... it's one of the best I've ever seen for Unix.
It checks to make sure all your Perl modules are in order before upgrading
the RPM for you.  Once the install is complete you can run the
"upgrade_MailScanner_conf" script to finish everything off by upgrading your
configuration file.

--
Michael St. Laurent
Hartwell Corporation