Now that we scan for executables in .zip files....

Randal, Phil prandal at HEREFORDSHIRE.GOV.UK
Thu Mar 4 14:11:40 GMT 2004

One of our (savvy) users emailed me to say:

>Im trying to send an email with zipped and renamed exe files

Mailscanner intercepted and did say unto us:

"Consider renaming the files or putting them into a "zip" file to avoid
this constraint."

The files were, of course, in a zip file.

So, what do we need to do to that error message so that recipients of the
reject message don't get completely confused?

Phil Randal
Network Engineer
Herefordshire Council
Hereford, UK