DOS attacked :(

Pete pete at eatathome.com.au
Thu Mar 4 13:28:48 GMT 2004

Stephen Swaney wrote:

>Pete,
>
>After reading through all of the emails a few questions:
>
>Did you install SpamAssassin from the rpm?
>Are you trying to ping RBL servers to test DNS?
>Have you changed any settings in /etc/sysconfig/i18n
>
>Steve
>
>Stephen Swaney
>President
>Fortress Systems Ltd.
>Steve.Swaney at FSL.com

Mate, thanks for taking the time to read through it all, i know i post a
lot.
I did not, nor have i ever installed SA from the RPM on this machine - i
did this during MS pilot stage and soon found it doesnt work, ever since
i have used the source. Never installed from CPAN, cos i had already
installed from source and didnt what the effect would be.

I have tried to ping the RBLs listed in spam.lists.conf - if i ping
bl.spamcop.net it doesnt work, ping spamcop.net and it works, i figured
this is meant to be this way as i have tried on my machine and on online
tracerts etc that certainly wouldnt be using same DNS as me. I can ping
plenty of other stuff, stuf that i havent, nor would the server have
have attempted to resolve before, HEAPS of domains i tried.
I have only changed the Supported line, i did that that uesterday? (the
other day) as advised by Julian. I just reversed it and rebooted, it
didnt help.

LANG="C"
SUPPORTED="en_US:en"
#LANG="en_US.UTF-8"