DOS attacked :(

Rick Cooper rcooper at DWFORD.COM
Thu Mar 4 11:26:25 GMT 2004

Run
Makes you wonder if your ISP changed name servers on you, or you
have a firewall problem.

Change /etc/resolv.conf
options ndots:1
nameserver 127.0.0.1
nameserver put current ns1 address here
nameserver put current ns2 address here
multi on

then /etc/init.d/named start
then /etc/init.d/network restart

and try your test again. If your resolver isn't working you will
have *very* slow network tests as you will be waiting for each
outbound to timeout.. with a caching name server running you will
see improvements in many things with your mail service.

Rick