Unable to install latest release

Christopher Lyon cslyon at NETSVCS.COM
Thu Mar 4 07:33:15 GMT 2004

Give this a try:

LANG=C perl -MCPAN -e shell
install Archive::Zip

That should work if you are using RH9 with the defaults LANG, en_US.UTF-8.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christo Bezuidenhout [mailto:christo at IT4AFRICA.CO.ZA]
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 11:19 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Unable to install latest release

When I try to install the latest release of MS I must install Archive::Zip first.

OK here is the problem. I'm running RH9. I do the following.
perl -MCPAN -e shell
install Archive::Zip

And I get the following errors

Removing previously used /root/.cpan/build/Archive-Zip-1.09

  CPAN.pm: Going to build N/NE/NEDKONZ/Archive-Zip-1.09.tar.gz

Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good

Warning: I could not locate your pod2man program. Please make sure,
         your pod2man program is in your PATH before you execute 'make'

Writing Makefile for Archive::Zip
Makefile:88: *** missing separator.  Stop.
  /usr/bin/make  -- NOT OK
Running make test
  Can't test without successful make
Running make install
  make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

I checked to see where my pod2man is and it is there
which pod2man
/usr/bin/pod2man
I need to urgently upgrade to be able to block only encrypted zip files for we get lots of zip files from customers.

Any help appreciated