Upgrade from an very OLD release

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Mar 3 17:16:42 GMT 2004

At 15:22 03/03/2004, you wrote:
>I've not understood on how to re-create the old feature "Deliver From
>Local Domain = no" that was used in 3.x release of
>mailscanner...
>
>The conf's instructions tells me to create a "ruleset" for Deliver Cleaned
>... (a file .conf  ?) configured (I believe)
>like :
>
>From: mylocaldomain     no
>FromOrTo: default       yes
>
>But Mailscanner complain about a binary option (yes or no) only

Set
Deliver Cleaned Messages = /etc/MailScanner/rules/deliver.cleaned.rules
in MailScanner.conf.
Then in /etc/MailScanner/rules/deliver.cleaned.rules put this:
From: yourdomain.com    no
FromOrTo: default yes
and substitute your own domain name for "yourdomain.com" in the line above.
Then reload MailScanner (service MailScanner reload) or just restart it,
and the rules will be applied.

This general-purpose ruleset system applies to virtually all configuration
options in MailScanner.conf, and so is a *lot* more flexible than the
simple system I had in version 3.

--
Julian Field