ANNOUNCE: Unstable 4.28.3 released

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Mar 3 14:36:47 GMT 2004

At 13:49 03/03/2004, you wrote:
>Julian Field wrote:
>
>>Download as usual from www.mailscanner.info.
>>
>>Please report any problems!
>
>Ok, something is still no right.  I have...
>
>Allow Password-Protected Archives = no
>
>and
>
>Maximum Archive Depth = 0     (I also tried -1)
>
>When Maximum Archive Depth is set to -1 or 0 it will deliver a password
>protected zip file even though I have Allow Password-Protected Archives
>set to "no".  If I have Maximum Archive Depth set to 3 then the
>protected zip is not delivered as expected but internal zip checking is
>done which is what I want to disable.  I hope I'm not misinterpreting
>how this should work.

You can't currently check the contents of the zip files without unpacking
them. Unpacking them causes the other checks to be run on their members.

So now I have changed it:
setting the options as you have given it above will now just test the first
level of zip files to see if their members are encrypted at all. It won't
actually extract them. Because it doesn't extract them it can't do any more
levels of nesting.

BTW  "All-Viruses" now includes "Zip-Password" in the silent viruses list.

>>Boy, do I need a holiday...   ;-)
>I can sympathize with that.  I keep having visions of a nice trout
>stream in the mountains.  :)

Give me some nice looking hills, a comfy pair of boots, some sunshine, and
a map.
--
Julian Field