ANNOUNCE: Unstable 4.28.2 released

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Tue Mar 2 21:06:06 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 20:18, Julian Field wrote:
> At 20:01 02/03/2004, you wrote:
> >On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 09:28, Julian Field wrote:
> > > This version can now detect and block password-protected zip files.
> > >
> > > By default it will block all of them, but you can of course use a ruleset
> > > to govern the behaviour of the new option
> > >          Allow Password-Protected Archives
> > >
> > > Download as usual from www.mailscanner.info.

One more thing to report...

When the message contains a blocked file type within a zipfile the
sender, recipient and postmaster get notified. (Okay)

When the message contains an encrypted zip the recipient gets a warning,
but neither sender nor postmaster get alerted.  (Not Okay).

Presumably this would vary according to the various Notify and Notices
options, but personally I would like to see the same behaviour in both
cases (since this is a policy decision not an actual found virus).

For reference I'm running with all notifications on except notify
senders of viruses.

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000