ANNOUNCE: Unstable 4.28.2 released

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Mar 2 20:18:28 GMT 2004

At 20:01 02/03/2004, you wrote:
>On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 09:28, Julian Field wrote:
> > This version can now detect and block password-protected zip files.
> >
> > By default it will block all of them, but you can of course use a ruleset
> > to govern the behaviour of the new option
> >          Allow Password-Protected Archives
> >
> > Download as usual from www.mailscanner.info.
> >
>I've just installed and tested this - it seems to work as advertised.  I
>appreciate the difficulty with removing individual archives, but just
>wanted to report one issue which is a side effect of removing all parts.
>
>When sending a pgp signed message the mime structure ends up wrong (you
>have a multipart/signed message without a signed part) which on
>Evolution at least results in a blank message (I'd guess this is MUA
>specific to some extent as the warning text is in the source, just isn't
>rendered due to the mime issues).  Not particularly important to me, but
>just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for that report.
I intend to rewrite most or all of this code properly at some point soon,
when I get time. It's going to be a good weekend job as I need some
uninterrupted hours, which doesn't happen at work at the moment. The TNEF
handling code will have to be rewritten as well.
--
Julian Field