bayes_toks corrupted

Jim Flowers jflowers at EZO.NET
Mon Mar 1 15:29:44 GMT 2004

I'm not sure which feature you are referencing.  I see these main
choices:

1. Run MailScanner 'out of the box' with:

MailScanner.conf
----------------
Rebuild Bayes Every = 0
Wait During Bayes Rebuild = no

spam.assassin.prefs.conf
------------------------
# bayes_auto_expire 0

2. Run MailScanner with rebuild/expire scheduled by MailScanner

MailScanner.conf
----------------
Rebuild Bayes Every = 14400      # every 4 hours
Wait During Bayes Rebuild = no   # or yes

spam.assassin.prefs.conf
------------------------
bayes_auto_expire 0

3. Run MailScanner with rebuild/expire scheduled by crontab

MailScanner.conf
----------------
Rebuild Bayes Every = 0            # don't do it?
Wait During Bayes Rebuild = no     # doesn't matter

spam.assassin.prefs.conf
------------------------
bayes_auto_expire 0                # don't do it?

/etc/crontab
when-stuff sa-learn --force-expire # includes rebuild

In case 1, do I understand expire/rebuild is run after each scan?
In case 2, expire/rebuild is run every 4 hours (or as configured).
In case 3, expire/rebuild is run once per day via crontab.

I have to admit to being confused about the different combinations.  Is the
above correct and which (or what) combination do you use?

--
Jim Flowers<jflowers at ezo.net>