bug processing zip file with errors

Fred Broughton phred at SVERICA.COM
Wed Jun 30 21:44:24 IST 2004

I have an alpha release of Archive::Zip rev 1.11 from Ned Konz and his
OK to share with the list. We should try to give him some feedback ASAP.
Here are his notes.

Hi Fred,

I added a patch from Julian Field that is supposed to prevent looping on

certain corrupt files.

I have also added code to deal with a certain sub-type of the Zip files
that
is used by (for instance) Java JAR files in some cases.

I've attached it; can you see if it makes a difference?

Thanks,
--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com

Phred Wrote> Excellent! Is it OK with you if I share this in the
MailScanner list?

Sure. The code could stand a few more eyes before I release it.

I sent a copy to the Amavis people too but haven't heard back.

The changes since 1.10 include:

  - Fix to avoid endless looping on certain corrupt zip files
  - Handling of zip files with data descriptors (like some Java JAR
files)
  - Handle unicode strings as input to Archive::Zip::Member::contents(),

    Archive::Zip::Member::contents(), and
Archive::Zip::Archive::zipfileComment()

Ned

phred