OT: sendmail relay question, please
William.Burns at AEROFLEX.COM
Tue Jun 29 21:58:56 IST 2004
Steve Campbell wrote:
>Can someone point me to an answer, please. Sorry for the OT.
>I need to use a sendmail box for a relay for a domain (gateway), but I don't
>want to use the published MX records. I have tried putting the domain in the
>mailertable using the IP as destination, along with putting the domain in
>the CR section, but this still wants to use the MX record.
>My mailertable has
1) As someone else already mentioned, the leading dot is not required
and might cause a problem.
2) You don't HAVE to list an IP address here, you CAN list a domain
name. (your preference)
3) Instead of "esmtp:", my mailertable has "smtp:"
4) In my version of sendmail, in the access file, I have something like:
> To:cnpapers.com RELAY
(I don't use the relay-domains file)
5) I think it was already mentioned, but you'll want to do a "make
access.db" and "make mailertable.db" to rebuild those files.
-------------------------- MailScanner list ----------------------
To leave, send leave mailscanner to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
Before posting, please see the Most Asked Questions at
http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/ and the archives at
More information about the MailScanner