MCP Problems - URGENT

Jeramy Eling Jeramy.Eling at BRITAX-PMG.COM
Mon Jun 28 15:10:09 IST 2004

Thats great.

Thanks all for the help

Jez.

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Rick Cooper
Sent: 28 June 2004 15:00
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: MCP Problems - URGENT

you need to precede them with a "\", as with the period. While the @ is not
strictly a regex character perl will attempt to interpret it as a start of
an array variable, likewise if a $ is encountered, and it's not the last
character in the regular expression, perl will attempt to interpret it as
the beginning of a variable. The pipe "|" is used in a regex to mean OR like
/me|mine|yours/ will match "me" or "mine" or "yours".

Here are a couple of links to pretty good online tutorials for perl regex

http://iis1.cps.unizar.es/Oreilly/perl/perlnut/ch04_06.htm
http://tlc.perlarchive.com/articles/perl/pm0001_perlretut.shtml

the first gives good examples of "quoting" or escaping reserved characters.

Rick

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk