MailScanner and RHEL 3

List Account lists99 at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 25 19:07:15 IST 2004

>From: Trever Furnish <TGFurnish at HERFFJONES.COM>
>To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
>Subject: Re: MailScanner and RHEL 3

I have a Dell 1750 with Dual 2.4 GHz processors and 1 GB of RAM using kernel
2.4.21-9.0.3.ELsmp with the kernel-unsupported modules for ReiserFS.  I use
MailWatch, so I used RPMS for httpd, mysqld, and php.  I also installed all
necessary perl modules from RPM.  ClamAV, Spamassassin and Postfix were all
installed from source.  MailScanner was installed using install.sh.  I'm
only handling 5-6K messages a day.  From a fresh reboot, the server will
start swapping within a week and severely degrade performance after 2-4
weeks.  Looking at the memory usage under top, MailScanner is using 50 MB *
5 processes, and one process is using 15 MB.  After that, everything is
utilizing ~1% or lower.

Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up – now 3 months FREE!

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk