Using Sawmill to analyze maillog files

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at GMX.DE
Fri Jun 25 10:44:07 IST 2004

Ray Dermody wrote:

>Hi,
>I use Mailscanner and Spamassassin 2.63. Just wondering is anybody else out there
>using Sawmill (www.sawmill.net) to analyse maillog files.
>The log analysis processes normal sendmail entries fine but I cant configure it to
>process the MailScanner end of things specifically counts of
>
>Infected messages
>Spam Messages
>etc
>
>Just basic Mailscanner info. Has anybody done this successfully?
>Thanks in advance,
>Ray.

i use sawmill but not for mailscanner.
i was asking last year for the mailscanner support, a short time later i
saw that it was included.

you can try
  support at thesawmill.co.uk

normal procedure:
they will ask you for a logfile-sample and what you will analyse.
the new  log_format  will be included in the next relaese

eg.
----snip----
Support wrote:

Hi xxxx, please find attached the xxxx xxxx log format plug in that
you will be able to use to analyse your logs.

Drop the file into the "LogFormats" directory and create your config. It
should auto detect as "xxxx xxxx Log Format".

Any problems let m e know.

Regards

Graham

Graham Smith
Technical Support

it would be great if you/others would give them more info,
i was only asking for the support but i never gave them the requested
info because i was busy.

hope this helps

--
shrek-m