SA 3.0 and mailscanner

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Thu Jun 24 09:39:14 IST 2004

Hi Jeff,

I've got this running on a test box which receives 98% spam on a throwaway
domain - I'm running the latest MailScanner and I've installed all the SA
plug-ins (Hashcash, IP::Country, URIDNSBL & SPF) and also Razor2, Pyzor and
DCC - it's rather impressive - it seems *much* quicker than 2.63 (it takes
around 1-2sec processing to run a lint)

I've had the same problem as Michele with the 'autolearn' reporting - but
this is really just a cosmetic bug and doesn't affect the running.  I tried
running bayes in MySQL last night which seems to work very well - I ran
timing comparisons between using the DBM module to the SQL module there was
no noticable difference.

I did manage to totally break bayes by installing the Fortress bayes starter
database and running sa-learn --backup > bayes.bck and then enabling
BayesStore::SQL and then running sa-learn --restore bayes.bck after doing
this and running a --lint, SA attempted an expiry but failed (forget what
the message was) and then every --lint afterwards reported an SQL error, to
fix I ran sa-learn --clear to empty the database and let it start again and
haven't had any problems since.  I'll try doing this all again tonight and
raise a bug if I can reliably reproduce it.

Personally - I think it's going to be amazing when it's actually released,
but I definitely would not run it on a production box until the SA team have
done a GA run and sorted out the scoring (BAYES_99 scores a wopping 1.89 at
the moment) which I reckon is going to take about a month providing there
are no other bugs that crop up.

Kind regards,
Steve.

--
Steve Freegard
Systems Manager

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk