request of list members

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Thu Jun 24 04:18:38 IST 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 01:11 pm, Chris wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 June 2004 10:04 pm, James Gray wrote:
> > ** Snip **
> >
> > > Errors:
> > > Jun 23 19:01:37 makeworld MailScanner[85741]: MailScanner E-Mail
> > > Virus Scanner version 4.31.6 starting...
> > > Jun 23 19:01:37 makeworld MailScanner[85741]: Syntax error in line 2
> > > of ruleset file
> > > /usr/local/etc/MailScanner/rules/subject.scanned.rules Jun 23
> > > 19:01:37 makeworld MailScanner[85741]: Aborting due to syntax errors
> > > in /usr/local/etc/MailScanner/rules/subject.scanned.rules.
> > >
> > > Here is subject.scanned.rules
> > > FromOrTo:    mailscanner at jiscmail.ac.uk         no
> > > FromOrTo:    default                            yes
> > >
> > > It seems it does not like "yes" in line 2.
> >
> > OK - really dumb question, but are you separating the fields in the
> > rule file with tabs?  You can't use spaces in ".rules" files.  I always
> > put a blank line on the end of files (old habit...probably should get
> > out of it) which doesn't seem to break anything.
>
> Yes, I ensured  that the said file used tabs instead of spaces.
> Still the same errors.
>
> Point of interest - in the MailScanned.conf file, here are the rules that
> it expects:
>
> # When the message has been scanned but no other subject line changes
> # have happened, do you want modify the subject line?
> # This can be 1 of 3 values:
> #      no    = Do not modify the subject line, or
> #      start = Add text to the start of the subject line, or
> #      end   = Add text to the end of the subject line.
> # This makes very good advertising of your MailScanning service.
> # This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
> Scanned Modify Subject = no # end
> #Scanned Modify Subject = %rules-dir%/subject.scanned.rules
>

> I DON'T see an option called "yes" - this relates to the error in line 2
> of said file. It being "yes"

Dagnabbit!  My bad.  Change "yes" to end/start depending on where you want
your "scanned" to appear.

I'll just go and smack myself around a bit the FM....as in RTFM.

Sorry :-/

James
--
"Every morning, I get up and look through the 'Forbes' list of the
richest people in America.  If I'm not there, I go to work"

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk