WINNING NOTIFICATION /FINAL NOTICE

Craig Daters craig at WESTPRESS.COM
Wed Jun 23 14:26:34 IST 2004

>so there's no 'Run as user =" setting in MailScanner.conf then??

It does, so I went ahead and plugged 'root' into it to see what
happens, (though the comment said that this is not normally needed
for sendmail.) the other settings I left as follows:

Incoming Work User =
Incoming Work Group =

and,

Quarantine User = root
Quarantine Group = apache

These latter settings are for MailWatch to work correctly, however
the first two are empty. And keep in mind that it is working, it just
doesn't seem to come up with the same scores as SpamAssassin
(Epsecially with the earlier cited message.)

Looking at my MailWatch stuff, MS is still detecting spam, and even
high scoring spam with SA, using the custom rulesets that I have in
etc/mail/spamassassin. So if this is the case, what was different
about that particular message that it got through?

Craig D.

Craig Daters (craig at westpress dot com)
Systems Administrator
West Press Printing
1663 West Grant Road
Tucson, Arizona 85745-1433