Log problem.

Göran Höglund goran.hoglund at TELEMAR.SE
Tue Jun 22 14:53:15 IST 2004

Hi list!

Since I for the first time encountered problems with the MailScanner I
have come to the conclusion that I need to deal with one thing that has
not been working ever. Syslogs!

I am running versions :
$MailScanner::Config::MailScannerVersion = '4.21-9';
Solaris 8.
Mcafee engine 4.3.2.0 and dat-4367.

In my syslog.conf I have set:
*.err;kern.notice;auth.notice                   /dev/sysmsg
*.err;kern.debug;daemon.notice                  /var/adm/messages

*.alert;kern.err;daemon.err                     operator
*.alert                                         root

*.emerg                                         *

mail.debug                                              /var/log/maillog

And :
Syslog Facility = mail

In my MailScanner.conf

My problem is that I do not get any output from MailScanner in my
maillog file. Postfix produces nice and neat logs though..

Göran

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk