Firewall Ports for MailScanner, need Recommendations/Guidance

lester lasad llasad1 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jun 21 21:48:17 IST 2004

--- Ugo Bellavance <ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM> wrote:
> lester lasad wrote:
>
> > Fedora Core 1
> > MailScanner 4.31.6-1
> > SpamAssassin 2.63
> >
> > I am starting with a fresh install of fedora,
> > MailScanner, and Spamassassin.  I am also trying
> > use dcc, pyzor, and razor.  Clamav is my virus
> > scanner. I am having performance issues with my
> > current config but I believe the performance
> issues
> > are do to the firewall.
> >
> > My main question is, is it absolutely necessary to
> > have the following ports open on the firewall in
> order
> > for MailScanner to work properly with dcc, razor,
> > pyzor, and clamav:
> > Razor2 tcp ports 2703 and 7
> > Pyzor udp port 24441
> > DCC udp port 6277
> >

> By the way, these are _outgoing_ ports.
>
> Ugo

Thanks for the feedback.  I have opened the ports
listed above and performance seems to be a lot better.
 I also had to open port 80 for the clamav updates.  I
will put the server in place tonight to see how the
performance is with a much larger load.

Thanks again for your help.