Mailscanner marking DOS Attack on 2 different servers

Randal, Phil prandal at HEREFORDSHIRE.GOV.UK
Fri Jun 18 15:47:45 IST 2004

Denis Beauchemin wrote:

> It's working fine here with engine 4.3.20:
> # uvscan --version
> Virus Scan for Linux v4.32.0
> Copyright (c) 1992-2003 Networks Associates Technology Inc.
> All rights reserved.
> (408) 988-3832  LICENSED COPY - Nov 27 2003
>
> Scan engine v4.3.20 for Linux.
> Virus data file v4367 created Jun 16 2004 Scanning for 92006
> viruses, trojans and variants.
>
> We've had reports yesterday of a couple Windows servers that
> ran an old version of McAfee that stopped working with the
> new DAT file.  Upgrading the McAfee software solved the problem.
>
> Denis

This is a tad offtopic, but...

DAT 4367 crashes Netware servers with engine 4.1.60 too.  Netware users will
need Netshield 4.61 plus Patch 4 for netshield 6.61 plus engine 4320 (patch
4 is essential otherwise your server will abend trying to do a DAT update).
As of the end of this month, only engine 4.3.20 is supported by NAI.  People
using Webshield on a Windows box need to run "sdat4367 /f" to force an
engine update.

Cheers,

Phil

----