How do you stop the recent floods

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Wed Jun 16 14:59:59 IST 2004

Chris Mason wrote:

>In the good old days, about six months ago, spam came from open relays,
>Blackhole lists stopped most of it, and the combination of MailScanner and
>Spamassassin stopped almost all of the rest of it. Then came these
>spam-relaying virus ridden windows machines, and the torrent began. I am
>seeing hundreds of emails in a couple of minutes from the same user, same
>subject, all getting through. MailScanner does not stop them, and the
>blackhole lists are useless against them.
>
>Is there anything I can do?

Chris,

You can use the IPBlock custom function.  It works just fine here.

You could also use my blockSpamStorm Perl script.  See
http://www.while.homeunix.net/spamstorm/

I use both on my servers, just in case...

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste