Virus epidemic, 11,000 messages waiting!

Max Kipness mkipness at GENIANT.COM
Tue Jun 15 22:13:42 IST 2004

Ok, I figured out that all the email is under /var/spool/mqueue.in. I
can't even grep * in there because of so many files.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Max

________________________________

[mailto:MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of Max Kipness
        Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 4:09 PM
        To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
        Subject: Virus epidemic, 11,000 messages waiting!

        Hi,

        I have a client that has been is being hit by 10000 plus emails
with zafi in them. He told me that he was not receiving email, so I
looked at his log and saw that 11,000 emails are ready to be processed.

        It seems like all the emails are sent to one person, so I've gut
that user account off in /etc/access which is working fine.

        I have to question though.

        1) I thought that all messages waiting to be processed were in
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming in the various subdirectories. I had a
script that counted the messages there on one of my servers. However on
this server, only 150 are in there. Where are the other 11,000? The last
lines I see in the log say: New Batch: Found 11.000 messagins waiting.

        2) Does anyone have a script would find email from this certain
person and delete? Or is there anyway not to have MailScanner process at
this point?

        Thanks,
        Max
        -------------------------- MailScanner list