UCE Sneaking in on our whitelist... How to stop [SCANNED]

Randal, Phil prandal at HEREFORDSHIRE.GOV.UK
Tue Jun 15 13:40:34 IST 2004

MailScanner mailing list wrote:
> On 6/15/04 7:22 AM, "Alex Neuman" wrote:
>
>> You should look into using a few RBL's. If you look 221.124.187.119
>> up at http://openrbl.org/ you'll see that they're listed at DBSL,
>> SpamCop and other RBL's. SpamHaus also lists them in their SBL-XBL.
>> Look at the report at
> http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ip4r.ch?ip=221.124.187.119 for more
> info.
>
> Alex
>
> Thanks, I will add some additional RBL's, but even with
> those, they are sending as our addresses, won't that give
> them an auto -100? Or should we lower the whitelist score?

You'll hate me for saying this, but you shouldn't be whitelisting
your own email addresses.  Seeing as how every man and his spambot
(and virusbot) uses them for nefarious purposes, it seems a silly
thing to do.

Cheers,

Phil

----