Releasing mail from Quaratine / EXIM

Patrick patrick at EON.COM.SG
Mon Jun 14 14:50:51 IST 2004

Martin,

Thanks. For your help!

I am writing this so it gets archived.

My config is EXIM with MailScanner on Cpanel / RH9

My configure.out file is located at /etc/exim_outgoing.conf

My mails are quarantined as raw mail queue files

To release a quarantine message, go to the directory where the mail is
stored, in my case:

cd /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20040614/1BZic5-0004xH-Lw     #
1BZic5-0004xH-Lw is the mail quarantined, for me it was a directory.

There should be a message file there     # what I saw was     ./     ../
message     when I do a ls

To send this mail (mail including attachments are all in message), just use
this:

/usr/sbin/exim -C /etc/exim_outgoing.conf -t < message

You can then check your exim log to see if it got sent out at
/var/log/exim_mainlog

Credit to Martin Hepworth for his prompt assistance.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk