Original message-body would be replaced with the virus-warning-text

Arthur Sherman cobalt-list at COMPROS.CO.IL
Sat Jun 12 22:27:24 IST 2004

May be I am off the original question - if so please re-phrase it again.

Meanwhile,..

[quote from mailscanner.conf]
# Should I attempt to disinfect infected attachments and then deliver
# the clean ones. "Disinfection" involves removing viruses from files
# (such as removing macro viruses from documents). "Cleaning" is the
# replacement of infected attachments with "VirusWarning.txt" text
# attachments.
# Less than 1% of viruses in the wild can be successfully disinfected,
# as macro viruses are now a rare occurrence. So the default has been
# changed to "no" as it gives a significant performance improvement.
#
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Deliver Disinfected Files = no
[end of quote]

The above applies mostly for so called MacroViruses. There should be a
similar setting for every major kind of a virus.
The default is to enable virus scanning, clean and warn a rcpt. Then you
could define how a rcpt is warned.

Btw, what kind of antivirus soft you utilise? It may differ from soft to
soft as well.

Best,

Arthur

dangerous content by ComPros Team Mail server (mx1), and is
believed to be clean.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk