Locking/bayes problem : still

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Thu Jun 10 17:54:51 IST 2004

Robert Mena wrote:
> Thanks,  I'll try that but I am running version
> 4.30.3 and the item you sent says...
>
> Update 2004-04-03. Julian included a patch in MS
> 4.29.7 which fixes the problem  until SA is fixed.
> Users of MS 4.29.7 and later are recommended to expire
> tokens from there instead.

That just means that you have one more option on how to do it. You can
leave it to SA (will not work as you know), you can do it manually as I
do (works fine for me) or you can do it from MailScanner.conf and let MS
take care of it. The last option should work fine but some on this list
have been confused about it since it's not easy to tell when it's
scheduled to run.

Whichever you choose, make sure you disable bayes_auto_expire in
spam.assassin.prefs.conf (set it to 0 by removing the comment). It's
very important.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.29.7,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.45, ClamAV 0.70 + GMP 4.1.2, Vispan 1.4

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk