Running Mailscanner AFTER sendmail?

Spam Account spam at CORN-BREAD.ORG
Thu Jun 10 00:10:47 IST 2004

Well ok.  So how do you get Mailscanner to query the MTA in realtime and
tell you that the recipient is invalid?

The whole goal of this is to stop Mailscanner from automatically
queueing the forwarding everything (as is the default behavior).

Cya.
Scott.

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 16:58, hermit921 wrote:
> MailScanner doesn't know about the accounts, just the MTA - in this case,
> postfix.
>
> hermit921
>
> At 03:41 PM 6/9/2004, Spam Account wrote:
> >In this case, Mailscanner and sendmail run on the same system.
> >
> >How did you get Mailscanner to read and recognize your account list?
> >
> >Cya.
> >Scott.
> >

> > > We decided to keep an account list on each MailScanner system = choice
> > > B.  Each account change on our sendmail server gets rsync'd to the
> > > MailScanner boxes as part of updating the local aliases file.
> > >
> > > This works fine, but it is an extra step.  We hope to eliminate this by
> > > having the MailSCanner MTAs check with our main server for a valid ID
> > > before accepting the mail, but not yet.
> > >
> > > hermit921

This email address is a spam account.
The sole purpose of this is to siphon off
people who would send unathorized bulk
commercial Email.  If you are seeing this,
chances are I don't trust you not to spam me.

DO NOT SEND ANY UNSOLICITED BULK EMAIL TO THIS
ADDRESS.  IT WILL NOT BE CHECKED.  NO ONE WILL
SEE IT.  YOU WILL LOOK LIKE A FOOL AND PEOPLE WILL
LAUGH AT YOU.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk