Quarantine Release

Mike Norton mike.norton at JOBSITE.CO.UK
Tue Jun 8 11:50:25 IST 2004

I currently have it set to

quarantine whole message=yes

and

Quarantine Whole message as queue file=no

so is there anyway of reviving this file ?

Thanks

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Howard Robinson [mailto:howard at harper-adams.ac.uk]
Sent: 08 June 2004 11:49
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Quarantine Release

On 8 Jun 04, at 10:38, Mike Norton wrote:

> I have just released a file from the Quarantine however the message file
> contained several parts how do I view these separate parts when I release
> the file I can only view certain parts of it's contents

Hi Mike
I depends on how you stored the quarantined message.
I set quarantine whole message =yes and
Quarantine Whole message as queue file =yes.
What you end up with is two ?fi files and each of the attachments
as files.
I have the option then of just copying the ?fi* files that contain all
the attachments as well as the email to the outgoing queue for
sendmail, in may case, to deal with. Alternatively I can  copy the
chosen attachment to 'somewhere else' where the end user can
get at it.
This may not help in this instance but its worth setting for the
future.
By the way I use Julians routine to clean the quarantine of old stuff.

> Thanks
>
> Mike
>
> Mike Norton
> Unix System Adminstrator / Web Statistician
> Jobsite
>
> www.jobsite.co.uk <http://www.jobsite.co.uk/>
> www.cityjobs.co.uk <http://www.cityjobs.co.uk/>
> www.conkers.net <http://www.conkers.net/>
>
> T: +44 (0)870 7748500
> F: +44 (0)870 7748501
> E: mike.norton at jobsite.co.uk
>
> Legally privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this
> message. If you are not the addressee(s) legally indicated in this message
> (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not
> copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy
> this message, and notify us immediately. If you or your employer does not
> consent to Internet e-mail messages of this kind, please advise us
> immediately. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in
> thismessage are not given or endorsed by my firm or employer unless
> otherwise indicated by an authorised representative independent of this
> message. Please note that despite using the latest virus software, neither
> my employer nor I accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your
> responsibility to scan attachments (if any).

Regards

Howard Robinson
(Senior Technical Development Officer)
Harper Adams University College
Edgmond
Newport
Shropshire
TF10 8NB UK

E-mail: hrobinson at harper-adams.ac.uk
Tel.  : +44(0)1952 820280 Via switchboard
      : +44(0)1952 815253 Direct line
Fax.  : +44(0)1952 814783
College Web site http://www.harper-adams.ac.uk

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk