SpamAssassin Prefs File problem

Shahid Hussain shahid at ZONEWAVE.NET
Mon Jun 7 21:21:15 IST 2004

> At 20:43 07/06/2004, you wrote:
> >Whats "SpamAssassin Prefs File =" used for then?
>
> For holding custom SpamAssassin rules for starters. There are also other
> settings in there which MailScanner does not control itself, such as all
> the controls for Razor, Pyzor, DCC and Bayes. Read
>          man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf
> for info on all the other things that can go in there.
>
> >I have set it to "required_hits           2.0" in
spam.assassin.prefs.conf
> >and then it should ignore "#Required SpamAssassin Score = 6" in
> >MailScanner.conf
> >
> >Using rulesets? can you point me right direction please, thanks :)
>
> Please read the MAQ. The location of that is at the bottom of every list
> posting.
> --
> Julian Field
> www.MailScanner.info

bash-2.05b# man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf
No manual entry for Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf

so I went to google and I found this:
http://www.io.com/~jbrak/html/man_assassin_conf.html
but it is similar what I have in spam.assassin.prefs.conf
required_hits           2.0
rewrite_subject         1
subject_tag             [Possible Spam?]
report_safe             1
use_terse_report        1

use_bayes               1
auto_learn              1
skip_rbl_checks         0
use_razor2              1
use_dcc                 1
use_pyzor               1
ok_languages            all
ok_locales              all

^^^ is correct?, im doing it right?

spamd -d is running at the background as well..

Yes I did took a look at http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/ before this
morning, what did I miss?

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk