ANNOUNCE: Stable version 4.31 released
mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jun 1 14:14:53 IST 2004
I have just released version 4.31. The main changes and improvements this
-- Install script (./install.sh) for the "Other Unix" tar distribution.
This should make installation a whole lot easier on non-RPM systems.
-- Added support for SuSE 9.1, F-Secure 4.61 and Nod32 2.01.
-- Detection and disarming of so-called "web bugs", very small images
designed to be picked up by your email application to tell a remote server
the message has been read and that you are therefore a real human being
reading that mail account
-- "Dangerous Content Scanning" configuration option to switch off most
content checks while still keeping virus scanning.
-- %variables% can now go in the report messages.
Download it as usual from www.mailscanner.info.
The full ChangeLog for this version is here:
* New Features and Improvements *
- Added install.sh script for tar distribution which builds all Perl modules,
tnef decoder and MailScanner automatically.
- Added configuration option "Dangerous Content Scanning" to allow you to
disable all the content scanning except for the virus scanning.
- Added support for Vexira virus scanner.
- Implemented support for F-Secure 4.61.
- Implemented support for Nod32 2.01. If you are still running 1.99, you
will need to edit /etc/MailScanner/virus.scanners.conf.
- Reports can now contain %variables% such as %org-name%.
- Changed default installation location of Bitdefender to /opt/bdc.
- Upgraded tnef to latest release from sourceforge.
- Moved ExtUtils::MakeMaker into list of normal perl modules to install.
- Linux distributions now auto-detect MTA setting in
- Can now detect very small images in a message, that may be "web bugs" to
track you. These can be disarmed if you want.
- Changed documentation to just list single-instance version of Postfix.
- Changed init.d scripts to work well with both single and double instance of
- Improved init.d script to support SuSE 9.1 properly.
* Fixes *
- Forced AVG to run in English.
- Corrected problem with negative failure counts from RBLs and SA.
- Fixed bug in LDAP ruleset handling.
- Sendmail code now auto-detects the correct lock type to use, flock or posix.
- Sendmail qf files no longer have to define an IP address.
- Corrected report when archive is nested too deeply.
- ZMailer forwarding fix provided by Mariano.
- Fixed Postfix message corruption on recent Postfixes on some architectures.
- Worked around latest tweaks to Postfix spec.
- Fixed problems with PDF docs when signing messages.
MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support
PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654
-------------------------- MailScanner list ----------------------
To leave, send leave mailscanner to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
Before posting, please see the Most Asked Questions at
http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/ and the archives at
More information about the MailScanner