Bad RFC822 field name ''

Jérôme MOLLIER-PIERRET j.mollier at ACTINUX.COM
Tue Jun 1 11:24:25 IST 2004

Hi all,

We use Malscanner with qmail, and experienced this morning some issue
with stranges mail that are non RFC822 compliant.

It seem that the mail package Mail::Internet has problem when
Mailscanner trying to process this mail from his queue.

In debug mode the error is :
Bad RFC822 field name ''
  at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Mail/Internet.pm line 130

The same behavior occured on two different systems with differents
libraries.

The only way to solve this issue we founded for now is to remove the
"stranges mail" from the Mailscanner queue and relaunch the service.
This is not fully solved, and we'll keep you informed of the status.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Regards,

Jerome
|       Jerome MOLLIER-PIERRET, Tomao groupe KPF                  |
|       Division Actinux, Integrateur Opensource                  |
|        Tel  : +333 20 91 15 17                                  |
|        Fax  : +333 20 05 30 09                                  |
|       mailto: j.mollier at actinux.com                             |
|    .--.                                                         |
|   |o_o |       ______                                           |
|   ||_/ |      /_  __/___  ____ ___  ____  ____                  |
|  //   \ \      / / / __ \/ __ `__ \/ __ `/ __ \                 |
|                                  65, rue de la Cimaise          |
|                                  59650 Villeneuve d'Ascq        |
|                                  Tel  : +333 20 91 15 17        |
|              http://www.tomao.fr                                |
|              http://www.actinux.com                             |

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk