Stop outgoing spam checks

Mariano Absatz el.baby at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 30 21:47:46 IST 2004

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 16:40:51 -0400, Brendan Chard <chardlist at chard.net> wrote:
> How can I prevent mail that is being sent out through my server from being
> checked for spam?  One of my clients has falsely shown up in the SBL XBL
> lists and my MS installation is tagging all of their outbound mail as spam.
> Outbound virus checking is sufficient for my needs.
>
> I'm running MS on FreeBSD with multiple virtual hosts.

Well the clasical answer is 'use a ruleset to identify the networks
from where your customers send mail'.

Since I can't do this, 'cause I don't know where my users are, I use 2
different instances of the MTA listening on different IPs (even if in
the same network interface)... one of them only for incoming mails
(the IP you put in your customers' MX records) and the other for my
customers to send mail (I usually call this IP
smtp.mycustomerdomain.com)... what's more, in this later instance, I
make SMTP AUTH mandatory.

HTH

--
Mariano Absatz - El Baby