Filename Rules

Paul Hamilton paul.hamilton at sme-ecom.co.uk
Thu Jul 29 12:07:56 IST 2004

Hi all,

We currently have our 'Archive Depth' such that all exe's, pif's etc are
detected and quarantined.

We require that a certain .exe is allowed to pass through MS, which
arrives on a daily basis from the same source, with a similar filename.

Could some one assist us in determining a suitable pattern match that
would allow the following to pass safely.

 XXXXX_20040728_YYYYYY.EXE

The only constant is the 'XXXXX' value.
The date changes daily and the 'YYYYYY' value also changes daily.

Both the 'X' and 'Y' values are numeric only and include zero's.

Many thanks in advance.

Paul H

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk