Use Spamassassin - Not working properly

Jim Scott jscott at INFOCONEX.COM
Thu Jul 29 06:54:49 IST 2004

Not sure what to look at. We setup a rule in the MailScanner.conf file like
this.

/etc/MailScanner/rules/spamassassin.rules

The file contains a couple of test rules.

For example:
FromOrTo:    jscott at infoconex.com   yes
From:    192.168.105.5/24    yes
From:    Customers block     yes

If I send or receive email it gets processed by spamassassin. If I send an
email from the private IP space no matter what my from email address is it
gets scanned by spamassassin as it should.

However my customers IP space nothing is getting processed?

The only thing that is different is that I have 2 IP's bound to this
machine. I have the client use the 2nd IP to relay emails via so I can
monitor traffic generated. The customers has multiple networks and for each
I have the whole /24 added.

Any ideas what to look at?

It sure looks like it should work properly. Just isnt.

Jim

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk