Mail Archiving and Monitoring

greyhair greyhair at GREYHAIR.NET
Thu Jul 29 06:02:07 IST 2004

spivkid:

To be kind [insert violin muzak here], there is a small subtle point
here.  ".conf" are, generally, for configuration files, but in this
case (I think) MailScanner is thinking "$tringofcharacters.rules" is
a file with directives located in the rules directory and
"$tringofcharacters.anythingelse" is not.  It would take more time
if MailScanner had to scan the rules directory to see if
"$tringofcharacters.anythingelse" existed as a file.

greyhair