Error on restart

Ken Goods KGoods at AIAINSURANCE.COM
Wed Jul 28 22:22:51 IST 2004

Desai, Jason scribbled on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 2:10 PM:

> Sounds like you're running the MailScanner program that came
> in the bin
> directory instead of running a script that goes in
> /etc/init.d.  Not sure
> what went wrong.  I install from the tar distribution and
> start MailScanner
> with the check_mailscanner script.
>
> Jase

Thanks to all who responded, but this was definitely a case of OE on my
part. (Operator Error)

Yep, I dummied up big time. Used "MailScanner restart" instead of "service
MailScanner restart" Duh...  I really hate being dense sometimes.....

Thanks again, sorry for the waste of bandwidth. I'll sheepishly go back in
my hole now.....

ken

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk