all patches (was Re: Fix for MyDoom-O problems)

Mariano Absatz el.baby at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 28 14:12:58 IST 2004

Well...

as of now, people have the following options depending on the version
they have, the modifications they may have made to your installation.

1) download the 4.32.4 beta from
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/downloads.shtml and install
it. This is the latest version and is already patched.

2) If you have an unmodified 4.31.6 version installed, you can put the
Message.pm that Julian originally sent to the list. I've posted it for
download at http://baby.com.ar/MailScanner/zipWzip/Message.pm

3) If you have the original or slightly modified versions of 4.32.3,
4.31.6 or 4.29.7 you may want to try the patches I posted at
http://baby.com.ar/MailScanner/zipWzip

http://baby.com.ar/MailScanner/zipWzip/zipWzip-4.32.3.patch is the
patch posted by Julian at the top of this very thread.

http://baby.com.ar/MailScanner/zipWzip/zipWzip-4.31.6.patch is the
patch I made by diff'ing the Message.pm above and a stock 4.31.6
Message.pm, so that if you apply it to a non-modified 4.31.6
Message.pm you'll get the Message.pm that Julian had originally sent.
There are people on the list that said that this patch had worked for
them, but obviously YMMV.

http://baby.com.ar/MailScanner/zipWzip/zipWzip-4.29.7.patch is the
patch I made by backporting the changes to a stock 4.29.7. There are
people on the list that said that this patch had worked for them, and
I have had this working for almost a day in 12 heavy duty production
servers nicely detecting these zip-within-zip viruses.

If your version is different, you should try the closest patch (or
upgrade to the latest beta).

Regards

--
Mariano Absatz - El Baby